Holiday for the Arts 2022
Gala: Friday, October 21, 5:30-9 pm
Show & Sale: Saturday, October 22 & Sunday, October 23, 10am-5pm
Olive Hyde Art Guild’s “Holiday for the Arts” Show & Sale benefits the Olive Hyde Art Gallery and other visual art projects in the Fremont community and schools. The show opens with a ticketed Gala on Friday night featuring hors d’oeuvres, sweets, and wine, with the first viewing and sale of art. On Saturday and Sunday, the show is open to the public without charge. Each year we sell over $25,000 of high-quality handcrafted objects and fine art.
Entry Fee: None. All aspects of the show, including sales, are handled by Guild members. It is not necessary for the artist to be present.
Sales: 70% of sales go to the artist, 30% (donation) goes to the Guild.
Media: Ceramics & glass, paintings, jewelry, fiber art, wood products, sculpture, and holiday goods. All work must be original and current.
Screening: Image samples of new artist’s work will be screened online at the OHAG website. You will need to submit 2-3 digital images using the online form.
- All digital images must be in JPG format, at least 300 dpi.
- Images must be at least 600px x 800px.
- File size must be 5MB or less, to ensure proper uploading.
- Suggestions for successful photos:
- Place just a few samples on a plain table or flat surface, without any distracting background.
- Have good lighting, such as natural lighting near a window. Photos need to be close up.
- Rename files to include the artist’s first and last name.
- Label each item with its dimensions and your suggested selling price. Keep in mind that 30% is donated to the Guild.
Acceptance: All artists will be emailed acceptance of work.
Entry Deadline: July 7, 2022
Questions: Artist Contact: Roberta Moody, 510-915-2266, firstname.lastname@example.org