Submission deadline: Friday, April 19, 2024.
Scholarship finalists will be notified by May 3, 2024.
Congratulations to our 2023 winners!
- Robert Campbell, Ohlone College, $250 Jurors Recognition award.
- Metis Tse, Ohlone College, $250 Jurors Recognition award.
- Sharanya Vangeepuram, American High School, $2,000 Jurors award for Outstanding Artistic Talent.
- Malia Eugenio, Alsion High School, $250 Jurors Recognition award.
- Emma Luceero, American High School, $250 Jurors Recognition award.
- Bryan Ifasso, Ohlone College, $2,000 Jurors award for Outstanding Artistic Talent.
- Jade Baas, Ohlone College, $750 Jan Schafir Memorial Art Award
Back Row, left to right: Robert Campbell, Bryan Ifasso, Sharanya Vangeepuram, Emma Lucero
High school applicants must be a Fremont high school senior and Fremont resident.
Ohlone College applicants must be a visual art or multi-media art major.
Requirements for all applicants:
- Minmum GPA of 2.5 GPA.
- Pursuing visual arts at an accredited institution in fall 2024.
- Attend awards reception if selected as a finalist.
College and High School student will compete separately for awards. Seven finalists will have their work showcased at an in-person reception and awards presentation.
Complete application includes:
- Responses to scholarship questions.
- Portfolio of 4-6 artworks.
- Unofficial transcript stating GPA and completed courses.
- Written permission of parent/guardian if under 18 years old.
Scholarships are awarded as follows
Ohlone College students and Fremont high school students will compete separately. Each group will receive the following:
- The first place winner receives $2000.
- Two honorable mention winners will each receive $250 gift certificates from Blick Art Supply.
One applicant will receive the $1000 Jan Schafir Memorial Award.
Award checks will be sent to the Financial Aid office of the school/college each recipient is attending and is not renewable.
We prefer that students apply online.
Online Scholarship Application
Or you can mail your complete paper application, along with a thumb drive of your images, to the address below.
Scholarship Committee, Olive Hyde Art Guild
P.O. Box 3073, Fremont, CA 94539
- Proof of acceptance from school/college is required prior to awarding of scholarship.
- Olive Hyde Art Guild reserves the right to hold a public show of applicants’ work.
- Olive Hyde Art Guild reserves the right not to award a scholarship.