Members Juried Show
The Members Juried Show is a biennial exhibition held at the Olive Hyde Art Gallery. The 2023 Show will feature an online virtual exhibition as well as an in-person exhibit at the Gallery.
Virtual Online Exhibit Dates:
March 30 – May 27, 2023
In-Person Olive Hyde Art Gallery Exhibit Dates:
April 6 – May 27, 2023
Reception: Friday, April 14, 7 – 9pm
We are no longer accepting entries for the 2023 show. The next Members Juried Show will take place in 2025.
We hope you will join us for the reception and exhibit!
Entrants who have not yet submitted their payment may still do so.
Pay Members Juried Show Entry Fee
Juror for the 2023 Show
Zoë Latzer (she/they) is the Associate Curator and Director of Public Programs at the Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) San José. She has curated exhibitions at the ICA San José including Mildred Howard: The Time and Space of Now, Adrian Burrell: Sugarcane and Lightning pt 3, Liftoff: San José State University MFA Exhibition, and plaYplaYplaY at California College of the Arts. Upcoming curated exhibitions include solo exhibitions of Rhonda Holberton, Sarah Blaustein, and a group exhibition Altered Perception at the ICA. She is also currently pursuing an MA in Curatorial Practice at California College of the Arts.
About the Members Juried Show
- Entry Deadline: Friday, February 24, 2023.
- To enter, artists must be a member of the Olive Hyde Art Guild. Join the Guild
- To enter, artists must complete the online entry form and upload a digital image of each art piece.
- Artwork must be original and current, within the last 4 years.
- Works may be in painting (oil, watercolor, acrylic), mixed media, photography, digital media (no video), ceramics, glass, sculpture (any media), jewelry, fiber art, or works on paper.
- The non-refundable entry fee of $25 entitles an artist to submit up to 4 works.
- Dimensional Restrictions: 2-dimensional artwork may not exceed 4 feet in any direction; 3-dimensional artwork may not exceed 3 feet in any direction.
- Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Judging and Awards
- Judging for selection into the show will be done from digital images only.
- Awards will be decided on by the Juror from the actual artwork prior to the show opening.
- There will be 3 monetary awards: Best of Show – $250, 2nd Place – $200, 3rd Place – $150. Up to three Merit Award winners will receive ribbons, and a People’s Choice ribbon will be voted by attendees at the Opening Night Reception.