The Members Juried Show is a biennial exhibition held at the Olive Hyde Art Gallery. The 2023 Show will feature an online virtual exhibition as well as an in-person exhibit at the Gallery.
Virtual Online Exhibit Dates:
March 30 – May 27, 2023
In-Person Olive Hyde Art Gallery Exhibit Dates:
April 6 – May 27, 2023
Reception: Friday, April 14, 7 – 9pm
The virtual gallery is now open!
Juror for the 2023 Show
Zoë Latzer (she/they) is the Associate Curator and Director of Public Programs at the Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) San José. She has curated exhibitions at the ICA San José including Mildred Howard: The Time and Space of Now, Adrian Burrell: Sugarcane and Lightning pt 3, Liftoff: San José State University MFA Exhibition, and plaYplaYplaY at California College of the Arts. Upcoming curated exhibitions include solo exhibitions of Rhonda Holberton, Sarah Blaustein, and a group exhibition Altered Perception at the ICA. She is also currently pursuing an MA in Curatorial Practice at California College of the Arts.
About the Members Juried Show
- Entry Deadline: Friday, February 24, 2023.
- To enter, artists must be a member of the Olive Hyde Art Guild. Join the Guild
- To enter, artists must complete the online entry form and upload a digital image of each art piece.
- Artwork must be original and current, within the last 4 years.
- Works may be in painting (oil, watercolor, acrylic), mixed media, photography, digital media (no video), ceramics, glass, sculpture (any media), jewelry, fiber art, or works on paper.
- The non-refundable entry fee of $25 entitles an artist to submit up to 4 works.
- Dimensional Restrictions: 2-dimensional artwork may not exceed 4 feet in any direction; 3-dimensional artwork may not exceed 3 feet in any direction.
- Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Judging and Awards
- Judging for selection into the show will be done from digital images only.
- Awards will be decided on by the Juror from the actual artwork prior to the show opening.
- There will be 3 monetary awards: Best of Show – $250, 2nd Place – $200, 3rd Place – $150. Up to three Merit Award winners will receive ribbons, and a People’s Choice ribbon will be voted by attendees at the Opening Night Reception.