Holiday for the Arts 2022
Gala: Friday, October 21, 5:30-9 pm
Show & Sale: Saturday, October 22 & Sunday, October 23, 10am-5pm
Returning artists, please read carefully. Any questions, contact our Artist Contact: Roberta Moody, 510-915-2266, email@example.com
Returning artists who plan to display similar work in the same categories as previous years do NOT need to have work screened in advance (but please RSVP below with your returning information). If you would like to enter a new category or show substantially different work than previous years, we will ask you to participate in the screening. If you arrive at the event in October with new work which has not been screened, we may be unable to accept it.
New work is defined as one of the following:
- Work in a new category (a different category than previous years)
- Work in the same category, but of a different style/format. For example, if you participated in Fiber in previous years, selling knitting scarves, but are now selling quilted purses, that’s new. If you are selling knitted scarves again, but in a different yarn/color, that’s NOT new.
- Work in the same style and category but of a substantially different size or price. If last year’s photos were 4″x6″ and $10, but this year’s are 36″ x 48″ and $200, that’s new.
If you have questions as to what qualifies as “new” work, please contact our Artist Contact.
New Work and/or New Category: Image samples of new artist’s work will be screened online at the OHAG website. You will need to submit 2-3 digital images using the online form.
- All digital images must be in JPG format, at least 300 dpi.
- Images must be at least 600px x 800px.
- File size must be 5MB or less, to ensure proper uploading.
- Suggestions for successful photos:
- Place just a few samples on a plain table or flat surface, without any distracting background.
- Have good lighting, such as natural lighting near a window. Photos need to be close up.
- Rename files to include the artist’s first and last name.
- Label each item with its dimensions and your suggested selling price. Keep in mind that 30% is donated to the Guild.
Entry Deadline: July 7, 2022
Questions: Artist Contact: Roberta Moody, 510-915-2266, firstname.lastname@example.org