Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we have decided to cancel the 2020 Holiday Show & Sale
We are disappointed that we are unable to hold this annual event where many community members enjoy the Gala festivities, and the opportunity for holiday/gift shopping featuring unique hand-made items from local artists. However, we plan to be back in 2021 with a great offering!
Olive Hyde Art Guild’s “Holiday for the Arts” Show & Sale benefits the Olive Hyde Art Gallery and other visual art projects in the Fremont community and schools. The show is held annually and opens with a ticketed Gala on Friday night featuring hors d’oeuvres, sweets, and wine, with the first viewing and sale of art. On Saturday and Sunday the show is open to the public without charge.
How Funds are Used
As both our signature community event and only fundraiser, the annual Holiday for the Arts show and sale plays a key role in our Guild’s sustainability each year.
Your support of this event makes it possible for the Olive Hyde Art Guild to contribute in the following ways:
- Funding to the Fremont Library to purchase children’s art books
- Funding to Abode Services for children’s art supplies
- Scholarships for high school seniors and Ohlone students
- Art supplies for the first place scholarship winner’s art teacher (for use in the classroom)
- Sponsor and funding for the Serra Center Art Workshop for developmentally disabled adults and for framing of their artwork
- Funding to City of Fremont’s boxART! program for art supplies to young student artists who do boxART
The Guild also donates the cost of the printing of the postcards sent to announce each gallery exhibit, for banners publicizing the events, and for Olive Hyde Gallery improvements.