Holiday for the Arts 2022
Gala: Friday, October 21, 5:30 – 9:00 pm
Show & Sale: Saturday, October 22 & Sunday, October 23, 10 am-5 pm
Olive Hyde Art Guild’s “Holiday for the Arts” Show & Sale benefits the Olive Hyde Art Gallery and other visual art projects in the Fremont community and schools. The show is held annually and opens with a ticketed Gala on Friday night featuring hors d’oeuvres, sweets, and wine, with the first viewing and sale of art. On Saturday and Sunday, the show is open to the public without charge.
How Funds are Used
As both our signature community event and only fundraiser, the annual Holiday for the Arts show and sale plays a key role in our Guild’s sustainability each year.
Your support of this event makes it possible for the Olive Hyde Art Guild to contribute in the following ways:
- Capital improvements at the Olive Hyde Art Gallery & Center
- Cost of printing and mailing of publicity postcards announcing each exhibit at the Olive Hyde Art Gallery
- Special exhibits at the Olive Hyde Art Gallery
- Scholarships for high school seniors and Ohlone students and classroom art supplies for the first place scholarship winner’s art teacher
- Serra Center Art Workshop for developmentally disabled adults and for framing of their artwork
- To the Alameda County Fremont Library for purchase of children’s art books
- To Abode Services for children’s art supplies
- COF Human Services Youth & Family Services awards for Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day Art Competition
The Guild also donates the cost of the printing of the postcards sent to announce each gallery exhibit, for banners publicizing the events, and for Olive Hyde Gallery improvements.
Thanks to our 2022 Holiday Show sponsors:
The Anderson Family Foundation
Mahuron Family Fund
Kalyanpur Family Giving Fund
In-Kind Community Contributions