39th Annual Holiday for the Arts Show & Sale
Holiday for the Arts 2023
Gala: Friday, October 20, 5:30 – 9:00 pm
Show & Sale: Saturday, October 21 & Sunday, October 22, 10 am-5 pm
Olive Hyde Art Guild’s “Holiday for the Arts” Show & Sale benefits the Olive Hyde Art Gallery and other visual art projects in the Fremont community and schools. The show is held annually and opens with a ticketed Gala on Friday night featuring hors d’oeuvres, sweets, and wine, with the first viewing and sale of art. On Saturday and Sunday, the show is open to the public without charge.
About the “Holiday for the Arts” Show & Sale
After almost three years of hiatus, we were super excited to bring back our “Holiday for the Arts” event, last year in October, just in time to kick off the holiday season. This will be our 39th year of celebrating. Make sure to mark your calendars for this opportunity to party, mingle with friends, view, and purchase artifacts for yourself, and for all those on your holiday shopping list who enjoy receiving an original piece of art for a gift.
The three-day affair begins with a spectacular Friday Night Gala, on October 20th, from 5:30 – 9:00 pm, featuring specialty food and drink offerings, along with the first viewing and sale of art. Tickets are $15 for members purchased in advance, and $20 for non-members and at the door. On Saturday, October 21st and Sunday, October 22nd, the show is open to public, free of charge, from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The Gala Night also includes a drawing for an original piece of artwork by one of our member artists.
Our signature community event, and the only fundraiser, Holiday Show & Sale pays for art programs and supplies in local schools, art scholarships for High School and Ohlone College students, art books for public library, special art workshops for developmentally disabled adults, capital improvements at the Olive Hyde Art Gallery, special exhibits, and gallery promotions for all exhibits.
We traditionally feature works from about seventy local artists from around the Bay Area including a wide array of works in Ceramics, Glass & Sculpture, Paintings, Photography, Jewelry, Fiber, Gourds & Masks, Wood, and Holiday décor. Each artist is selected to participate through a judging process.
Hope to see you all there!
How Funds are Used
As both our signature community event and only fundraiser, the annual Holiday for the Arts show and sale plays a key role in our Guild’s sustainability each year.
Your support of this event makes it possible for the Olive Hyde Art Guild to contribute in the following ways:
- Capital improvements at the Olive Hyde Art Gallery & Center
- Cost of printing and mailing of publicity postcards announcing each exhibit at the Olive Hyde Art Gallery, and for banners publicizing the events
- Special exhibits at the Olive Hyde Art Gallery
- Scholarships for high school seniors and Ohlone students and classroom art supplies for the first place scholarship winner’s art teacher
- Serra Center Art Workshop for developmentally disabled adults and for framing of their artwork
- To the Alameda County Fremont Library for purchase of children’s art books
- To Abode Services for children’s art supplies
- COF Human Services Youth & Family Services awards for Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day Art Competition
Thanks to our 2023 Holiday Show sponsors: