The Gala is held on Friday from 5:30 – 9:00 pm. Tickets are $15 for members, $20 for non-members. All tickets purchased at the door will be $20. Tickets may be purchased in advance online.
The show and sale are open Saturday and Sunday, from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Admission is free. Items for sale include original works in ceramics & glass, paintings, jewelry, fiber art, wood products, sculpture, and holiday goods.
- Friday, December 6, 2019 — Gala
- Saturday, December 7, 2019 — Show & Sale
- Sunday, December 8, 2019 — Show & Sale
Our Featured Artist this year is Seema Gupta. Attend the Gala for a chance to win an original painting by Seema!
Music at the Holiday Show & Sale
Friday Night Gala, December 6
Rudy Ramos, Guitarist
Saturday, December 7, 1:30-3:00 pm
Classical Guitar & Vocal Ensemble
Peter Denyer, Lucy Lanham, and Vocalist Mark Loy
Sunday, December 8, 2:00-3:30 pm
Joyce Tanaka and Roberta Brokaw
We have many volunteer opportunities available for our annual Holiday Show & Sale. Sign-ups will be available in the fall.
How Funds are Used
As both our signature community event and only fundraiser, the annual Holiday for the Arts show and sale plays a key role in our Guild’s sustainability each year.
Your support of this event makes it possible for the Olive Hyde Art Guild to contribute in the following ways:
- Funding to the Fremont Library to purchase children’s art books
- Funding to Abode Services for children’s art supplies
- Grants to teachers for art supplies for the elementary School Art History Program
- Elementary School Art History Program supplies and grants
- Scholarships for high school seniors and Ohlone students
- Art supplies for the first place scholarship winner’s art teacher (for use in the classroom)
- Funding to the Fremont Art Association’s Paint Out event in September
- Funding to the Fremont Art Association in support of its fall show
- Funding to classrooms so they would not have to withdraw from the in-school art appreciation program
The Guild also donates the cost of the printing of the postcards sent to announce each gallery exhibit, for banners publicizing the events, and for Olive Hyde Gallery improvements.
Thanks to our 2019 sponsors:
The Anderson Family Foundation
Print Media Sponsor
In-Kind Community Contributions
Banana Leaf Restaurant
BoardPortal PLUS, LLC
Catering by Gael
Flight Wine Bar and Cafe
Nothing Bundt Cakes
Smart & Final Foundation
Spin A Yarn
Stuart Event Rentals